I’m having a bit of trouble right now. I’m just not in the Christmas spirit.
You know what I mean?
Are any of ya’ll having the problem?
We have the decorations up, the lights on, the music playing. Its the perfect Christmas weather (It’d be nice if it was snowing, but for us desert dwellers, raining will do the trick too! 😜). And I have a nice cup of spiced tea sitting next to me!
But no, I’m still not in the mood. *Shaking my head* 😏
So I thought I would stir a little more Christmas into your day! Just in case ya’ll feel the same way. ☺️ (But also to give me some of that Christmas spirit).
Before you continue to scroll, set the tone with some Christmas … like some good ole’ fashion ‘Little Drummer Boy’ by For King and Country. 🎄
Oh and before you continue scrolling, how about a nice hot cup of peppermint hot cocoa, spiced apple cider, or some kind of spice tea! 😉
Is that starting to put you in the mood?
*nods my head*
Now that you’re ready to proceed, I hope you enjoy this post! 😊
**Just a quick note — I did NOT take any of these pictures… they can be found doing a quick google search 😉**
Before you stop, thinking of me as part of the secularization of Christmas, let me just say, Christmas is not about the music.
Or the decorations.
Or the lights.
Or the awesome traditions.
Or even the sweet treats and awesome drinks.
But it is about the greatest gift of all time– Jesus coming down to earth as a baby, to save the whole world! It’s about celebrating that gift!
Remembering that is the TRUE Christmas spirit!
Remembering that, enjoy these fun Christmas activities. (BTW, I haven’t done all fo them yet, I hope to, because, as I said, I’m sort of lacking in the festivities, right now!)
- Enjoy a festive drink several times a week!
- Drive through some neighborhoods looking at lights (I don’t really have much power over this one, as I don’t drive yet, but I think we will 😝)
- Have a Christmas party… if you’re comfortable and allowed.
- Eat Christmas treats — now’s the time to break your scale… there’s always January’s resolution, so you’re fine. 😜 I’m joking, but still, enjoy some treats!
- Do something festive everyday! Write a Christmasy letter to a friend, go gift shopping, or read a Christmasy book!
- Decorate every inch of your room that is invisible sight. (Okay, that’s an exaggeration, but decorate your workspace, your bedroom, your bulletin board, outside, in the living room, etc… but don’t make it claustrophobic. 😂)
- Watch Christmas movies!
- Have something festive to look forward to. If you’re not able/comfortable doing something in-person, do something on line. Like having contests with your friends for best gingerbread house, snowman, or cookies. My family is having a gingerbread contest with some friends, and I am SOOOO excited!!!!
- Wear your warm/Christmasy clothes. That’s another thing. Here in the desert, it doesn’t get cold enough to wear warm clothes… but I try anyway.
- Christmas socks!!
- Have a fire/bonfire/fireplace fire. Man does it put you in the mood! 😉
- And of course, as always, keep the twinkly lights on!!!
- Have a Christmas study/devotional
Those are some things that I would like/do do the get in the Christmas mood. But above all, it is beneficial to remember the True reason for the season!
Do ya’ll have any ideas? What kind of contests would you do? Is there something you are really looking forward to doing this season? Here’s something I’m really looking forward to: hearing your ideas in the comments!! 😁
Merry Christmas!! ❤️