NOTE: My sister always uses that phrase — in my humble and correct opinion. So I must give credit where credit is due! 😃 Now for the good stuff! 😜
A WORD ON PROMISES
God’s promises are AMAZING!! What’s better, HE KEEPS THEM ALL!! That’s easy to say. But sometimes when we’re in desert seasons, it’s harder to believe in our heart.
When Joshua was first called by God to lead the Israelites, God gives Joshua some commands and some promises. In response, Joshua says “… Not one word has failed of all the good things that the LORD your God promised concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one of them has failed.”
When has God ever failed you?
When it seems like He hasn’t delivered on a promise, it’s because He’s preparing you. His timing is different. And better!
“But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” — 2 Peter 3: 8
Oooooohhh!!!! You know what else is amazing????
As Christians, we can (and should) claim the promises of the New Testament, but we can also claim the Old Testament promises.
“And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.” — Galatians 3:29
5 MOST COMFORTING PROMISES
I tried to rank these, but I don’t know how I can place one ahead of the other, so it’s not in any real order. 😃
5. “And my God will supply every need of yours according to the riches in the Christ Jesus.” — Philippians 4:19
4. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” — Philippians 4:6-7
3. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” — Isaiah 41:10
2. “For we know that all things work together for the good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” — Romans 8:28
- “I am with you even to the end of the age.” — Matthew 28:20
Those are just a few, of the many, comforting promises that God has promised to us, as God’s children — royal children.
What are your favorite promises of God? Which promises do you find most comforting? Please share them with us in the comments! 😊
I hope you have a very blessed day! ❤️