Just today I fell into a trap that is all too easy to fall into. The trap of discontentment.
Let me tell you how it happened. It all started when I was getting flustered because I’d been working for hours to fix the ‘continue reading’ button on my home page of A Royal Generation, but I simply could not figure it out. So I decided that I needed a break and went to some of my other favorite blogs for encouragement.
Then the feeling set in — that terrible feeling of discontentment. Everyone else’s blog is SO CUTE. Everyone else’s blog works perfectly. Everyone else seems to have it all together — they have perfect pictures, adorable artwork, sweet smiles, remarkable relationships, precious personalities and the list goes on and on and on. Everyone else’s life seems so perfect.
But alas, it’s not. Nobody’s perfect. Not me. Not them. Not you. Maybe I don’t have the same talents, or looks, or personalities they do. But that’s okay. God has made you special. He put thought into every single aspect of you. Yes, my friend, God planned your ‘ugly’ smile, you ‘annoying’ personality, your ‘useless’ gifts. He planned it all. In fact, He designed you down to the subatomic level. And He loves every bit of you — imperfection and all. Sister, why do you think He sent His Only Son for you?? Because He loves you. He made you the way He did because He loves you that way!!
That isn’t to make excuses for my mistakes (like discontentment), but it is a reason to become more like Him. God is pleased when His princess strives to be more like Him — more loving, more righteous, more gracious, more kind, more forgiving, more merciful, more compassionate, more content. We are to be content with the wonderful life that God has given us. We need to be content with HIM! In order to be truly content, fulfilled, grateful, I need Him. So God, please help me to be more content with You and the beautiful life You have given me.
Love in Christ,
P.S. I’ve found that saying things you are thankful help you be more content, so here are five things I’m thankful for:
- God’s Love. I am thankful that God loves me just the way I am and that He sent His Son for me.
- His Word. I am thankful that God has given us His Word that gives me hope.
- My Sisters. I am thankful that God has given me so many wonderful sisters in Christ that are a constant encouragement to me.
- Church. I am thankful that God has led my family to a wonderful church with solid Biblical teaching that helps keep me in a right relationship with God and others. Also, I am thankful for the amazing fellowship there.
- A Loving Home. I am thankful that God has blessed me with a loving family, in a comfortable home where I learn to grow in His ways.
THANK YOU, GOD!